Thursday, September 1, 2011

August in Review!

Well hello! Another month has come and gone and THANK GOD, it’s September!! Although Mother Nature got all sassy pants and our temps went from comfortable 80’s to 100 degrees every day for the next three days.

Har har…very funny Mo Nature. Hilarious.

The good news – next week we’ll be in the 70’s! Ah yes, temps fluctuating 30 degrees in a matter of days – that’s Indiana for you.

The end of another month means another month in review…because you can’t be missing a TDC project. Your life would fall to pieces. Believe you me.

We kicked off the month with 400 fantastic projects at the August Before and After Party. My friend Traci and I transformed the pleather parson’s chair in my office and I LOVE IT:

parson's chair no sew cover 

Did I mention the only sewing was hemming the bottom? And that could have been done with hemming tape. We were just being fancy schmancy with the machine. ;)

Next up I showed you how I start projects and leave them for weeks and months and half a year:

image

Our powder room has been torn up for about six months. I think. I’ve lost track, it’s been so long. I was happy to learn I am not alone!

I did complete something outside, and that was making a wood tabletop for our metal tables:

DIY wood tabletop

The metal tables are actually ottoman bases that came with our outdoor set. I think they’re much more practical used as a table, and I love the rustic look!

I shared the small transformations that made up much of the family room redo – and most of them involved spray paint. (Shocking.) My fun vintage lamp has gone through quite a few changes over the years:

black vintage lamp green vintage lamp blue vintage lamp

Who knows what color it will be next! ;)

A few of us are back yet again with another series of blogland linky parties – this time with a FALL theme!:

fall linky parties

Whoo!! I actually took a trip to Hob Lob today to gather supplies to make a couple fall wreaths. I had specific ideas when I walked in, but walked out with new thoughts running through my head so we’ll see how they turn out. ;)

We are SO excited about the upcoming Haven Conference next summer – tickets went on sale a couple of weeks ago and last I heard there are still some available:

image

I am SO excited to meet so many of you and put actual people with the faces on your blogs. :)

I got to hang with my blog friend Myra at Midland Antiques here in Indy a few weeks ago and I shared some of my finds with you here:

midland arts finds

Ohhh…my lovely island. I miss it. Sniff.

I was tricky tricky and put my own spin on Pottery Barn pillows by making some with their napkins and placemats:

pottery barn pillows napkins

Many of their table linens match their pillow selection, so it’s such a thrifty solution! I picked up more for the family room too. ;)

Next, I shared the progress on our HUGE outdoor project:

stone patio progress

It’s big and awesome and mostly done – the landscaping is waiting on the deck which has been waiting on the patio…it’s all very confusing. But so far we LOVE IT SO MUCH!!

I am ready for it all to be done, that is for sure! But it is going to be so fantastic and I can’t wait to show you.

My Dad and I completed a project for the deck that I couldn’t be more pleased with – the DIY Pottery Barn potting bench. (Say that three times fast.)

Dad took my inspiration and we created our own, for about $900 cheaper:

pottery barn island DIY pottery barn potting bench 

I’ve decided to just seal it and leave it as is – it’s just too lovely to mess with!

My big decluttering project for the month wasn’t even a room in our house – it’s my clutter nemesis and it’s THE CAR:

clutter in the car

People – it’s been NINE days and it’s still clutter-free!! It’s definitely work to keep it that way, but so far so good!! I can’t believe it. :)

We ended the month on a wet note. What started with the fridge failing turned into this:

water damage in kitchen

Hence the missing kitchen island.

We’ve ordered the new fridge, but it won’t be delivered for two weeks. And we’re still waiting to hear from the adjuster – I’m SO anxious to get this moving along. The blowers are gone, so that’s a step in the right direction – at least we can hear each other. ;)

But again, in the scheme of life, it’s just a bump – we’re so thankful it wasn’t worse!

And finally, I shared a few of the bloggy tools I use all the time:

google analytics logo I hope you found them helpful!

And there. you. go. – all of August wrapped up in one tidy post. Thanks for coming along for another month with me! (And August just happened to be the biggest traffic month ever at TDC – thanks to you!)

If you have any questions about a project from last month, please leave them in the comments!

I hope to share some big reveals coming up in the next few weeks! Crossing my fingers that one is a non plywood floor. ;)

Are you ready for September?!  I may have bought a caramel apple today to celebrate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment