Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Best Medicine

Today's been rough for Kim.  Rough.  Her eyes are nearly swollen shut.  The doctor said this would be the worst day and she is right.  Please keep praying for a speedy recovery.  Thank you to those who have been praying, sending get well wishes, gifts, and to my good friend Lisa who brought dinner tonight.  What a treat!

Speaking of eating, I overheard this at breakfast. 

Kim, laying on the couch eating yogurt: Ugh!  I hate this!  I can't taste anything! 

Patrick sitting nearby munching a bowl of cereal:  Why not?

Kim:  Because my nose is plugged and when your nose is plugged you can't taste anything!

Patrick?  Really?  You can't taste anything?

Kim:  NOTHING!

Patrick:  So you can't taste that yogurt?

Kim:  No!  I already told you!  I can't taste ANYTHING!!  NOTHING!!!

Long pause.  Silence.  Patrick chewing his Peanut Butter Crunch.  Pondering.  Silence.  Then finally--

Patrick:  I bet you'd be able to taste dog poop. 


Even Kim couldn't help laughing at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment