Monday, September 24, 2012

Fish And Friends

Show me your friends and I'll show you your future.

We are blessed to have a friend who is also a professional fishing guide. (Do we know how to choose our friends, or what?)  On multiple occasions he has invited us to fill an open spot on his boat.

Yesterday, we hit the jackpot when he invited us to fill the entire boat. 



It was a first for Kim,


Patrick,


and Lan Lan.


And the professionals had an awesome time too!



Vu and Mei Mei stayed home with me (one can only impose on a commercial fisherman with a certain number of lines to be tangled!).  We had Vietnamese food for lunch and then our own fishing adventure, the 3D movie, Finding Nemo. 


I heart Dory!  We share the same memory challenges!  Twins separated at birth!  I'm telling you, she and I could be the best of friends--if only we could remember each other's phone number! 

My children were reminded, "Fish are friends, not food!"  But it didn't stop them from eating a whole lot of salmon for dinner! 

Papa's Best Salmon Recipe
 
Place salmon fillet in foil, cover with butter.
Add salt, pepper, and a little lemon juice.
Wrap foil over top and place in baking dish.
Bake at 400, just until flaky (about 25 mins).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment