Monday, October 29, 2012

RX For Weariness

When I woke up this morning I thought of my long to-do list.  It was exhausting just thinking about it.  The word that came to mind was "weary." 

Before dragging to the shower I took a moment to read Sarah Young's daily devotional, Jesus Calling.  Today's entry seems meant for me. 

I hope it will also encourage you on this Monday morning.

"Linger in my presence a while.  Rein in your impulses to plunge into the day's activities.  Beginning your day alone with Me is essential preparation for success.  A great athlete takes time to prepare himself mentally for the feat ahead of him before he moves a muscle.  Similarly, your time of being still in My Presence equips you for the day ahead of you.  Only I know what will happen to you this day.  I have arranged the events you will encounter as you go along your way.  If you are not adequately equipped for the journey, you will GROW WEARY AND LOSE HEART.  Relax with Me while I ready you for action." 

Just reading those words changed my outlook.  After I got the kids to school I spent time in prayer with a friend and felt renewed.  What a wonderful reminder of self-care and the importance of focusing on HIM, in all we do.  This is especially important for mothers!


Coming soon to a blog near you--an update on Mei Mei!

No comments:

Post a Comment