Monday, December 10, 2012

Haven, again!

Hey all! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! My was a mix of great and not-so-great – we celebrated our boy’s sixth birthday (SIX!!!) but on Sunday I spent the day in the ER dealing with food poisoning. Ummm…that was interesting.

I’ve never experienced that before and would prefer to never again. :) The culprit – salmonella from two chicken wings from a pizza place. Just TWO people. I am SO GLAD I only ate two. I cannot even imagine what would have happened to me if I had eaten more. It really, really freaks me out.

We also discovered that I have strep throat while in the ER, so it’s just been a barrel of FUN around here. Did I mention I missed the Bub’s birthday party? Yeah. Hubby was a rock star and with the help of some family he pulled it off all on his own.

This morning I was still feeling like death warmed over, but after some more sleep and a shower, I’m feeling somewhat normal again. Now I’m just dealing with the effects of the strep.

So anyway, that’s the reason for this late post today. But I’m SO excited to share some news that we’ve been planning for months – the next Haven Conference is set for August 2013!:

aqua background 3

We had such a blast last year, we knew we had to do it again. :) It truly was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I know it’s crazy to say about a conference, but it was.

The planning team for this year includes myself, Beth from Home Stories A to Z, Chris from Just a Girl, Rhoda from Southern Hospitality and Traci from Beneath my Heart.

What is Haven?

Haven is a two-day conference Thursday, August 1 through Saturday, August 3, 2013 that will allow people to learn from and gather with some of the most notable DIY/Home bloggers in blogland. Conference sessions will focus on DIY instruction with a mix of blogging and social media:

Where is Haven?

The Haven Conference will be held in the beautiful Buckhead Grand Hyatt in Atlanta, Georgia:

Who will be at Haven?

Haven is open to all who are passionate about blogging, DIY projects, and creating beauty in the home for less. With a perfect mix of DIY and blogging sessions, it's a conference not to be missed!:

I LOVE that we have the sessions set up so that bloggers and non-bloggers alike will benefit. We had a bunch of non-bloggers there last year which I thought was so cool!

For more information, and to see more fun pictures from Haven 2012, you can click on the button below.

Haven Conference 2013 

Ticket info:

Tickets go on sale Tuesday, January 1st, 2013! The full conference pass is $225, but there is a way to get them for even less:

 

The first 50 people to purchase a ticket will get a $25 discount!

Special Thanks to the Home Depot for being our Platinum Sponsor again this year!:

To Kristin Stockdale, from Stockdale Designs, for being our AMAZING event planner again this year!:

And Kristi, from Creative Kristi, for helping us out with our web site again:

I hope to see as many as your faces there as possible! We are so excited!! Are you planning on attending?

I’ll be back tomorrow after a little more sleep, pain reliever and antibiotics. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment