Saturday, November 9, 2013

Karen


When I was growing up we lived out in the country.  We only had one close neighbor with kids; I remember Tim and Karen so well.  Tim was a pain, but Karen was so much fun!  We loved playing house and dancing together!  I so clearly remember Karen singing and dancing in her livingroom, belting out "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head," and "Downtown!"  She was so loving and happy.

It wasn't until I grew older that I even realized Karen had special needs.  I could write a whole book on the truth of being young and innocent, and the parallel of God's love.  I will always have a huge heart for kids with Down Syndrome.  Karen went to heaven at an early age due a heart defect related to her Down Syndrome, but I was so privileged to be a part of her life.   This poster made me think of my childhood friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment