Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Opposite of Planning

I am usually a planner.  So is my husband.  Which is why it is so weird that we decided to take a very long trip on very short notice. 

If you remember, Mei Mei has been a Mickey fan since Day One.


And since Day One we have been talking about going to Disneyland.

We had planned to go this summer.  The Christmas Elf even brought Disney shirts. 


But then my dad got sick and the timing wasn't right.  And even tho the kids totally understood why we couldn't go, they were bummed.

And then last week we started to play "What If . . ."  And two days ago we decided to play "Let's Do It!"

Yes, 2 days ago!  This means in the last two days we have found a house-sitter, a dog sitter, hotels and half-price-tickets (great deal for military right now!).  We even bought a plane ticket for Lizzy to join us--as a college kid still living at home she lucks out--she couldn't get the time off work and wouldn't fit into the Pilot, so she gets to FLY!  I am SO BUMMED our bigger kids aren't coming, but it was too difficult to arrange on such short notice.  Next time!

Lizzy did a treasure hunt to tell the kids we were going.  They went all around the house looking for clues and ended with finding out we were going to the Happy Place!




 
I didn't get a picture of the hoopla, but let me tell you, it was BIG!!!

They weren't quite as excited when they realized we have to DRIVE to get there (long two days!), but the destination is quite exciting!

At 9 PM last night I started packing everyone.  I actually still have to go pack for myself. 

Buckle up!  Another crazy adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment