Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Don't Pack Bullets In Your Purse

I made a tragic mistake yesterday.  I packed a big bullet in my purse, along with some blades and other paraphernalia. 

A woman has to be prepared for all circumstances these days.  Currently, my child needs some extra special protection.


You just never know.

And, well, I had a little tragedy occur.  I got to my destination, opened the car door, and my big loaded bag fell right out.  Thunk!  Along with the bullet, blades, and other paraphernalia.  All over the sidewalk.  Right in front of my mom's neighbor.

Embarrassing!

It wasn't pretty.

What's worse is that the bullet split right in two.  I'll spare you pictures.  Luckily, nobody was injured.

I am happy to report I am now the proud owner of a brand spankin' new bullet.


Complete with more blades and more cups and more paraphernalia than I know what to do with. 

Unfortunately, I get to find out.

Yesterday, when Mei Mei went to the doctor, we were told we actually have another two weeks of blended-only-liquid-squishy food, and then another two weeks of very, very soft food (as in, chicken noodle soup and more blended foods).

I almost died when I heard that.  And cried.

Here's the deal.  I have discovered that blending every meal takes a great deal of time.  And patience. And creativeness.  AND the ability to stomach looking at blended food. 

Take the food above--can you guess what that is blended up???  Yuck!  The worst was blended sausage.  It looks like wet cat food.  Go ahead.  I dare you.  Try it. 

All of this blending and mixing has taught me some things about myself.  I am 100% absolutely positively quite certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I NEVER WANT TO WORK FOR JAMBA JUICE.  No future in the baby food factory either.  And I am done packing my bullet around.  DONE!

In more positive news, Mei Mei's mouth splint in out!  You can see the splint in the picture above.  (And if you are wondering about the cow hat, it was her self-proclaimed prize for going to the doctor, taken from a box in the nurse's office.) 

Her hip scar is also healing nicely.

The day after surgery--they used glue instead of stitches:


Today:

Oops!  Sorry!  Forgot to warn you of graphic images and graphic descriptions of gross food. 

I guess there is something to be said for friends suffering together!  I'll make sure I take a picture of that sausage next time it is liquified!  Yum!  Oh!  And the yum in the bullet above?

Spaghetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment