Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sharing A Story Of Faith

Family pictures after the loss of a child are painful.  There is always someone missing.  The header photo above is our first professional photo in years, and I wondered how to include our Joe.


The teddy bear was Joe's favorite stuffed animal, bought in Germany when I was pregnant with him.  We visited the Steiff factory and our oldest son, James, picked out a monkey for himself and the teddy for Joe. 

I also want to share a very special book with you.  It is written by Lisa Murphy, who travelled with our group when we adopted Lan Lan.  Her book, With An Open Heart, shares a story similar to that of Teresa; it is written about her sweet son Daniel, who passed away following heart surgery.

Lisa writes from the heart and shares Daniel's story with such grace and faith.  I put off reading it for a long while, simply because I knew it would bring so many reminders of our own loss.  I wish I had read it sooner.  I did cry.  A lot.  But I also felt so much joy in hearing Daniel's inspirational story.

You will laugh.  You will cry.  You will travel along with the Murphy's to China, three times.  You will get to know Daniel, an amazing little boy so full of life and love!  In the end, you will experience the family's courage and deep faith, and you will be inspired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment