Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I Have A Dream

We read this book today,


and listened to the entire speech over dinner.  I would love to say my children appreciate my attempts to educate them, but in truth they kept asking how much longer the speech was (for younger kids the youtube video is a better choice).

They did love the I Have a Dream book, with the beautiful illustrations by Kadir Nelson.  And they did have a lot to say about Martin Luther King Jr. and the change he dreamed of.

We've come a long way.  We have a long way to go.  My favorite line:

"I have a dream that my four little children will 
one day live in a nation 
where they will not be judged by the color of their skin 
but by the content of their character."  

Amen.  Let freedom ring.  Thank you Dr. King.    

No comments:

Post a Comment