Thursday, October 3, 2013

Month in review!

Hey hey! Thanks so much for the love on the little changes in the family room earlier this week! I’m pleased as punch about it. :)

The end of January has come and gone, but I did want to catch up again with another month in review. I didn’t do December cause pretty much every post was holiday-related. If you’re like me the last thing you want to see January 1st is more Christmas decor. ;)

So, without further adieu, the January month in review, just in case you missed a post!

I started out by sharing all the not perfect stuff going on around our house, lest you think that I’ve got it together (HA!):

IMG_4312

That one there was from the water leak that wasn’t a leak. Makes sense, I know.

Then I did a little organization under the kitchen sink:

sponge/brush organization

Like pretty much everybody, I get the declutter bug early in the year. I’m trying to tackle one little project at a time. It will take all year. :)

I spent weeks days painting the basement doors black – it took forever. I LOVE them though!:

black interior doors

I still haven’t finished them up either. A prime example of my decorating/DIY ADD. It will happen some time this year. Or not.

I don’t do resolutions and I kinda don’t do goals, so I made a “hope to get these done” list for the year cause I LOVE lists:

wood treatment on wall

The bathroom still looks like that too. Later this week we will start to see progress – but it will get worse before it gets better. :)

Next up I showed you how I transformed our black Craigslist buffet to a beautiful blue called Aubusson Blue (a chalk paint color):

aubusson blue chalk paint dresser

It was a big change and I’m SO glad I did it! It makes such a statement now!

Carrying on the quest to declutter, I added a little organization on a wall in the office in this post:

wall file holder

It’s working, so far. I still have to go through about ten piles of papers before I know if it’s REALLY helping.

I shared how our hardwood floors are holding up and the pros and cons:

finished on site hardwoods

Honestly? They’re aren’t many cons (I think anyway) – price is the biggie of course.

We’ve got an industrial vibe going in the basement that I carried that look through to a clearanced end table I reworked:

DIY wood and metal industrial side table

It took months to find just what I wanted, but waiting it out worked!

A couple weekends ago a friend and I attended an AWESOME vintage/antique mart here in Indy – it was so much fun. I showed you most of my finds, including this cool (collapsible!) metal basket: 

fold up wire basket

I mentioned in that post that I’d like to get local readers/bloggers together to go to the next one in March – look for more info on that soon! It’s set for March 9th at the Fountains in Carmel Indiana.

Last week I shared how I took a window that showed us off to the world and made it private (for super cheap):

applying contact paper to window

A few of you mentioned that it may be see through at night (with some funny stories!), but we checked it. You can’t see anything at all really, unless it’s right up against the glass. (Even then it’s hard to figure out.) Of course, check yours out if you try it! ;)

Whew!! There you go! I kind of love these round ups cause I see how much I got done – it’s a good feeling.

One more thing, starting now you can enter to be one of those who will be creating with the “stars” over at East Coast Creative:

creating with the stars

It’s a super fun contest where you create and are paired up with a blogger who will help you out along the way. One of you will get ME as your partner – aren’t YOU lucky?? ;)

I’ll holla back at you again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment