Monday, October 21, 2013

Pausing To Give Thanks

Hello.  It's been awhile.  I hope we can still be friends. 

I go days with nothing to say.  Yet so much goes unsaid. 

Some of it is the normal craziness of life, celebrating Patrick's friend party (yes, two months late!),

 
and keeping up with the normal busyness of life. 

Most of it is deep sadness over cancer ravaging my parents' lives.  No words.  One sweet memory that will always be etched in my memory.  Look down the path and you will see Mei Mei pushing my father's wheelchair.


Will came home to see his Papa.  Bittersweet.  And only two days with my son left me aching for more.  I loved having him near and hearing him laugh while teasing his siblings.  And I was I thrilled to see our grandbaby. I miss her.  More than words can ever convey.


I did force a family photo out of Will's few precious hours.  I forgot how absolutely agonizing family pictures are!!!  Ugh!  Working to find coordinating outfits is a form of human torture!

 
The professional version coming soon to a blog near you!

On a positive note Kim is recovering quite well!  We finally have our smiling, happy girl back!  And we are so thankful for friends who brought dinner or sent money to buy dinner--thank you!!!


The past few months have been a roller-coaster. I try to remember to focus on Christ and take one day at a time.  Some days I don't do that so well--like this morning.  But I came downstairs and saw this--compliments of Mei Mei.


And I walked into the boys' room and saw this.


And I was reminded to slow down and smile, and give thanks to God for all His goodness--even in the midst of sorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment